Are you considering getting rid of the colored hair? Then will you make your grey hair grow naturally?
There are varied ways about how to go grey from colored hair, and every one of them has blessings and drawbacks.
Some are free while a few are not. Some are quicker than others.
Our best advice? Opt for the way that most accurately fits your temperament.
Get Grey Hair By Cold Turkey Method
How to go from colored hair to grey using this method? It means that allows your grey strands to grow in. Then, except for the occasional cut of hair. leave it alone.
Going grey cold turkey is affordable, chemical-free, and the most popular route for several dark brunettes as it avoids the damage related to highlights/lowlights or alternative salon ways that involve bleaching the hair.
Since you’ve been conditioned your whole lives to hide grey hair, it is conjointly the method that freaks many of you out.
Going out with some inches of grey roots that show will appear intimidating initially, to mention the smallest amount.
Going this method with medium length hair will likely take some time. The typical length of time maybe around twenty months. Can you wait? Or do you wish to try a faster transition? You also can consider reaching for a hairpiece or so to cover your hair for avoiding any intimidation situations.
- Top 5 Best Shampoo For Colour-Treated Hair
- 8 Winning Strategies On How To Remove Permanent Hair Dye
- How To Remove Semi Permanent Hair Dye? – The Lazy Way
How to go grey from colored hair: The cold turkey technique with the pros and cons
PROS of cold turkey technique
- If you stop having gray hair dye, you’ll save a large amount of cash. What if you were going to the salon instead of using the box dye with mistreatment? It is more money-saving. However, in any case, won’t it feel fantastic to get more cash in the pocket?
- You will have an extended amount of time at your disposal. Are you familiar with wasting about three hours on a beautiful weekend once a month and having my hair bleached at a hair salon? And what if you bleached at home? It still took 60 minutes or so to dye your hair. And it is possibly longer as you may scrub the bathroom afterwards.
- You will not have to use harsh chemicals on your hair monthly. Tons of people don’t think about how dangerous hair coloring is to their health. Knowing what you know currently, you may wish you hadn’t begun using it.
CONS when using the cold turkey method to go back grey from colored hair
– It will take an extended time if you wish to stay your hair long. We’ve seen ladies in our Facebook group who have taken about 1-3 years to remove all the dye. It is according to their hair’s length.
– The first two months or so of the transition, a line of demarcation appears. The dye will meet your grey hair. However, the dye can fade. And therefore, the line is going to be less evident over time.
What if you’ve got darker hair? You would possibly find yourself with calico hair for a small amount. We don’t consider this as a disadvantage. However, many women do!
How To Go Grey From Colored Hair Using The Salon Transition
Getting a salon treatment to assist you to transition to grey hair may be an excellent choice for tons of girls. It is because it’s quicker than the cold turkey technique. It hides your line of demarcation, and it will let your transition appear seamless.
A salon transition may also be a welcome option for girls with jobs in the public eye (lawyer, politician, actress, etc.). Many of them do not feel comfortable working at the office with the two-toned strands. Some are told by their employers that it’s not appropriate.
A salon transition for your hair to go grey from colored brown hair is usually faster than a cold-turkey change, according to the length of your hair.
There are cons to this method. For one, it is quite pricey. What if you have long locks? You may think about many months of expensive services to urge your grays to mix.
Of course, even as when you dye your hair gray, chemicals are concerned. Are your curls fragile? Or does your dark brunette hair needs tons of treatments? Then, your hair will possibly become broken.
What are the popular routes for this technique? They appear to be: Gray Mixing, Lowlights, Highlights, and Balayage. If you select one of them, ensure to search out a salon that has expertise with your favorable methods.
You might also want to read:
- 6 Amazing Tips On How To Get Hair Dye Off Of Skin?
- What Happens If You Put Brown Dye On Purple Hair?
How to go grey from colored hair: The salon transition technique with the pros and cons
Advantages of going for a color transition at a salon
– It’s abundantly quicker than the cold turkey technique. According to the length of your hair, you’ll be able to dye your hair silver gray in an exceedingly reasonably short quantity of time!
– You can stay away from the awkward stages that the grey grows out. There will be no harsh calico hair!
– You won’t need to cut your hair to remove your previous dye. Many ladies wish to stay their hair long. However, they don’t want to have the calico appearance. So, mixing your grays at the salon can enable you to remain your hair long while not wearing a two- or three-tone head of hair.
CONS of using this technique to go from colored hair to natural grey
- It’s costly. Unless your hair is extremely short, you need to visit the salon fairly often for highlights, etc.
- It has to do with harsh chemicals and may ruin your hair. Some ladies are okay with the salon transition. However, others find themselves with terribly broken hair. So, ensure you talk over with a reliable salon to figure out if your hair will stand up to the treatments.
- – It’s long. Are you bored with time spent in a salon chair? Then, you’ll be likely to wait somewhat longer.
To Wrap Up
Above are the two methods to turn from colored hair to grey hair. However, how to go grey from colored hair: What is the quickest way? A grey wig human hair is the most popular route for several ladies.
We do not recommend re-color the strands because it would pose severe damage to your hair while waiting for the hair to grow long is too time-wasting. Hence, wearing fake hair seems to be a wiser choice. You can buy a grey wig to cover your colored tresses immediately.
Don’t worry about the color as the wig supplier can customize the hairpieces to make the exact color you ask for.
Wanna try? Reach Laylawigs to get consulted. We have excellent wigs for women at very nice prices.
We await your response!